The South East Sector Led Improvement Programme (SESLIP) is a membership group of all single/upper-tier local authorities in the South East that aims to:
- improve outcomes for children and young people across the South East
- establish a culture of honest and constructive dialogue and challenge within and between authorities
- demonstrate the capacity and capability of the sector to achieve a coherent and consistent self-improving system
We believe good children’s services are a product of reflective practice, professional supervision/peer challenge, effective leadership and independent audit.
SESLIP is founded on a Memoradum of Understanding which has been agreed nationally and in the South East. East Sussex County Council act as the lead authority and also Chair the Programme Steering Group
What We Do
Working with our partners the LGA, ADCS and Solace the SESLIP encourages and supports the political and professional leadership and management of local authority children’s services to demonstrate, develop and share good practice. Our programmes support the development of children’s services as learning organisations, focusing on:
- identifying key strands of enquiry
- analysing and comparing operational data about the services
- using evidence to inform decisions, including evidence available from outside the region, where relevant
- using peer challenge and peer review
- building leadership capacity and capability, and
- developing standards of practice through supportive endeavour
Purpose of this Website
The primary purpose of this website is to provide information and updates on the programme to staff of the 19 contributing authorities and to make this accessible to anyone who does business with them or an interest in improving Children’s Services.
The ‘latest news’ page gives a snapshot of current activity and is updated weekly.
Contact details for people leading the initiatives on behalf of the SESLIP are provided on the relevant pages or you can contact the Programme Manager, Richard Tyndall: Email: email@example.com Phone: 07880 787007